Green |Evans-Schroeder is Tucson's largest and fastest growing immigration law firm. Our firm strives to provide the highest quality immigration services to our clients—and we have developed a top reputation for taking on challenging and complex cases, and getting results. Our mission is to protect and advance the rights of the immigrant community. Teamwork. Respect. Courage. These are our core values, and they are responsible for our success.
We are looking for a passionate and talented attorney to practice removal defense, family-based, and humanitarian immigration law with our firm. Do you believe in our mission? Do you practice our core values? Are you looking for an opportunity to practice law with colleagues who, like you, enjoy the creative and intellectual challenges in this field? If so, we encourage you to consider an exciting and rewarding career with Green | Evans-Schroeder.
Our law firm is seeking an immigration attorney who will be an exceptional addition to our team. As an immigration associate attorney, you will be responsible for managing a caseload of removal (deportation) defense, family-based & humanitarian immigration cases. You will represent clients, many of whom are detained by ICE, in their immigration court cases, and also in their appeals. You will bring a number of skills to this job, including (a) strong written and oral advocacy; (b) effective client and caseload management; (c) disciplined adherence to best practices; and (d) commitment to exercising leadership and improving the performance of our team.
What You'll Do
- Manage a caseload of removal defense cases in the Tucson, Florence, and Eloy Immigration Courts, in addition to managing a caseload of affirmative applications pending before USCIS and the Department of State
- Prepare and litigate applications for relief from removal, including cancellation of removal, adjustment of status, asylum, withholding of removal, Convention Against Torture (CAT), and other waivers
- Prepare and argue motions to release our clients from detention in bond proceedings
- Challenge allegations of removability through motions to terminate and motions to suppress
- Conduct investigations and discovery to effectively support our clients' claims with persuasive evidence
- Work closely with clients and their families to prepare affirmative applications for visas, citizenship, asylum, U visas, T visas, and visas under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), in addition to waiver of inadmissibility
- Effectively communicate with other attorneys and experts in the field—locally and nationally—to leverage as much knowledge and advice as possible for the benefit of our clients
- Legal research and writing--specifically, drafting and filing motions and briefs before the immigration courts, Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Analyze the immigration consequences of criminal convictions by providing “Padilla consults” to criminal defense attorneys
- Litigate petitions for writ of habeas corpus and applications for preliminary injunctive relief in the U.S. District Court
- Perform consultations for potential clients who are interested in the law firm's services
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package that compares to the top-rated immigration law firms across the country, which includes monthly and quarterly performance-based bonuses. Attorneys who choose to continue their careers with our law firm are considered for promotion along a partnership track which offers additional benefits and incentives.
What You'll Bring
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school
- Must be licensed to practice law by the highest court of any state
- At least 3 years of relevant legal experience preferred but all qualified applicants, including recent graduates, will be considered
- Proficiency in Spanish
- Must have reliable transportation with valid driver's license and insurance
- And, most importantly, a commitment to our mission and values
*All applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter, and two (2) writing samples, which should be emailed directly to Matthew Green at [email protected]