Schedule A Consultation (520) 882-8852

Fiancé Visas

When U.S. citizens are engaged to foreign nationals, they can apply for a K-1 visa in order for the spouse to enter the country. A K-1 visa gives a foreign fiancé myriad options for future planning. The visa gives a 90-day-period wherein the fiancé can organize life in America.

During this time the couple has to affirmatively file additional applications, including application for employment authorization, so the foreign-national spouse can reside and work permanently as a lawful permanent resident (Green Card holder) within the Country.

In order to obtain a K-1 visa, it is necessary that:

  • The petitioner is a United States Citizen;
  • The petitioner files Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé with the USCIS;
  • The engaged couple shows intent to marry within 90 days of the alien fiancée's entry into the country;
  • The petitioner has met the fiancée, in person, within two years of petition filing (barring certain extenuating circumstances).

If you seek to bring your fiancé(e) to the United States and marry, our attorney and team are here to help.

Phoenix K-1 Visa Lawyer

At the Tucson, Arizona-based Green | Evans-Schroeder, we are dedicated to assist individuals and their families through the complicated legal system when they are dealing with visas. With many years of experience, there is no issue for which we are not prepared. We encourage you to reach out.

To schedule an initial consultation to discuss fiancé(e) or family-based visas with our Tucson, Arizona, fiancé(e) visas lawyer, call (520) 882-8852 or in Tempe call us at (480) 933-8941 or email the firm.