We at Green | Evans-Schroeder are committed to developing relationships with qualified and motivated legal professionals who may be interested in continuing their careers with us. For that reason, we love hearing from from law students, attorneys, and paralegals who are interested in joining our team! Regardless of whether we are currently advertising for an open position, please feel free to forward your resume and cover letter to the law firm's managing partner, Matthew Green, at [email protected].
Currently, we are actively recruiting and hiring for the following positions:
- Immigration Attorneys, Phoenix and Tucson, Arizona (Full Time)
- Contract Immigration Attorneys, Remote (Per Project Basis)
- Law Clerk, Summer 2024, (Law Student) (Full-Time, Paid, 8 weeks)
- Law Clerks for Project Work, (Law Students) (Per Project Basis)
We are also always on the lookout to form professional relationships with law clerks (including law students) and contract attorneys, to handle anything from discrete research projects to substantial management of clients' cases.
What You Can Expect Working at Green Evans-Schroeder
Working at Green | Evans-Schroeder (GES) is a rewarding experience for those who share our mission, which is to protect and advance the rights of the immigrant community. Our core values emphasize a team-oriented approach in a collaborative working environment; respect and dignity to our clients, and to ourselves; and embracing courage and creativity to overcome obstacles.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package that compares to the top-rated immigration law firms across the country. Attorneys and paralegals are also eligible for monthly and quarterly performance-based bonuses. Attorneys who choose to continue their careers with our law firm are considered for promotion along a partnership track which offers additional benefits and incentives.
An Arizona Law Firm With a National Reputation
GES has developed a national reputation for leaning into challenging and complex immigration cases, especially those that involve the intersection of immigration and criminal issues. The firm's partners regularly lecture and support other attorneys to improve their quality of practice on topics such as post-conviction relief (PCR) for non-citizens, border and political asylum-related issues, removal defense, federal court litigation against the Department of Homeland Security, and trial & appellate advocacy.
Recent presentations include the following:
- AILA Virtual Border Issues Conference, March 2022, What You Need to Know About the Extended Border (Matthew Green, Jesse Evans-Schroeder)
- AILA Annual Conference, New York City, June 2022, How to Properly Advise Foreign Nationals and Their Criminal Defense Attorneys During Criminal Cases (Matthew Green)
- AILA Annual Conference, New York City, June 2022, Introduction to Detention (Jesse Evans-Schroeder)
- Arizona Public Defender Association (APDA) Summer Conference, June 2022, Helping Noncitizen Defendants Avoid Deportation Through Post-Conviction Relief (Matthew Green)
- AILA Virtual Roundtable, Overview of PCR: What It Is and Why It's an Important Part of the Immigration Toolbox, July 2022 (Matthew Green)
- AILA Annual Conference, June 2021, Consequences of Arrests and Convictions on the Beneficiary, and the Impact on Adjustment of Status (Jesse Evans-Schroeder
We also have a track record of involvement in high impact litigation. For example, over the past four years, GES has been class counsel, along with the law firms of Van Der Hout, Lakin and Wille, ACLU Northern California, ACLU Southern California, Centro Legal, and Immigrant Legal Defense in Aleman Gonzalez v. Sessions, which resulted in a Ninth Circuit-wide injunction against the prolonged detention of a class of plaintiffs seeking asylum-based relief from deportation. Hundreds of people have been released from detention over the years because of this lawsuit, which ultimately was argued to the U.S. Supreme Court earlier this year.
A Tradition of Leadership
The attorneys at Green | Evans-Schroeder have a long history of service and leadership in the legal community.
Jesse Evans-Schroeder is a past recipient of the Arizona Bar Foundation's annual Top 50 Pro Bono Awards. Matthew Green is currently serving his fourth term on the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Federal Court Litigation Steering Committee. And Celeste Roman, Senior Attorney with GES, currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Florence Immigrant and Refugee Rights Project, in addition to serving as the Arizona AILA USCIS Liaison.
A Commitment to Diversity and Responsible Growth
With an eye to the future, we have recently expanded our footprint from Tucson to Phoenix, and we are excited for the opportunity to serve and help more clients and their families, in Arizona, and around the world. As we continue on our journey, we remain committed to responsibly developing an organizationally healthy, diverse, and cohesive team of passionate immigration advocates. If this kind of career experience appeals to you, please consider reaching out to us. We'd love to explore the possibility of you joining our law firm.